Friday, August 28, 2009

mta poor reputation. - SpamCop Discussion


http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8329


Hi,

I know this thread has been innactive for a while but I encountered the same error.

QUOTE
554 Your access to this mail system has been rejected due to the sending MTA's poor reputation. If you believe that this failure is in error, please contact the intended recipient via alternate means.

It turns out our WAN IP reverse DNS record didn't match to our mail server DNS name. (we had just moved our servers onto a new managed network) Most email would deliver fine, just a handfull would reject and a few would reject occasionally. It had me stumped for a while until I had a look at the headers of one of our emails that I sent to my home email account.

Hopefully this may aid someone having similar problems.

1 comment: